Friday, March 20, 2009

Jungle Love

I just called a salon called Evil Beauty to book a lower leg waxing. What inspired this ballsy move was my impending pedicure tomorrow and the thought of my pedi-technician shrieking in horror at my jungle stems when I rolled up my pant legs. Ok, ok, I can't ACTUALLY call it ballsy, what with me hanging up on them twice before actually working up the nerve to ask for the appointment. As luck would have it... they are booked.
My legs are still recovering from my last waxing experience a few weeks ago. Andrea came over to help me wax my legs with the kit that I had picked up. I WANTED the roll on wax that I had tried years ago, but apparently it no longer exists, so I got a box with 30 strips. PLENTY, I said to myself. Well... we were laughing so hard that it took forever to get the strips on... then laughed so hard that it took forever more to actually pull the strip off... THEN forever MORE to compose ourselves enough to get another strip on. It was a very lengthy process which kind of prolonged and elevated the pain. Needless to say, when we realized that there were only 6 leg sized patches in the box, and the rest were all lip strips... the operation was aborted, leaving me with amusing bare patches on my shins.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I predict some shaving in the near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment