Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pedicures and Pizza Shops


Cass and I took a stroll around Central Park yesterday and people watched. Actually, we were more dog watching. This was probably due to the fact that we brunched with a dog trainer who had FIVE of his dogs with him. Five of his HUGE dogs. Their heads were the size of horse heads, but they were all very sweet, ESPECIALLY one of them, named Katana. I'll post a picture once Cassy sends it, but the dog HUGS!!. She stands up on her back legs and puts her front legs around your waist and stands there... hugging you. I stood there for a good ten minutes and she didn't budge. That's the kind of dog I need in my life! Anyway, so we were at the park, dog watching, and just appreciating life. Everyone goes to the park. People from all walks of life... dogs from all walks of life. We stayed for a few hours and then headed back to Greenpoint to get pedicures. The first place we went in was super sketchy looking and when we poked our heads in and asked for a list of services, the grumpy man in charge told us we had to go next door... to the pizza shop. Uh... what? Cass asked if he does pedicures and he said "Yeah, we can", she asked where and he said the pizza shop! WTF?! We scampered out of there and stood on the street, baffled, before heading off in search of another place, which we found one block away. This place was cute AND pedicures are only $13!!! I decided I'm going every week from now on. New and improved Molly... coming up. I am going to try my new schedule this week. Hot Yoga on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. My only quandry is how I will get to the yoga place? It will take too long to walk, I don't want to drive because I'm not sure where I would park AND I would have to take two trains even though it's super close. I think... I THINK... I may ride my bike... EEEEEKKK! I could leave it locked up there all day and then ride it home I guess. I haven't ridden a bike in YEARS and I'm definitely nervous about it. But in the spirit of pushing my fears aside, I may just try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment